Saturday, May 7, 2011

Apply Oxygen


A common thread when I facilitate retreats is that many people struggle with the idea of self care as being "all about me". Yet when we are on an airplane and we are told that should an emergency occur and the oxygen masks are required, please ensure that you apply your mask first BEFORE helping your children or any passengers requiring assistance. Self care before helping others is not selfish, it is an act of loving oneself and it empowers us to be faithful stewards to those who rely on us.

Please don't wait for an emergency to apply your mask. Take a few minutes today to simply relax. Take a few minutes to breath deeply, to be still and to listen to that small still voice within inviting you to loving reflection and stillness.

The sun is streaming into my kitchen as I type this.....I am going to go breathe in it's warmth.

Delores

No comments:

Post a Comment